Friday, February 24, 2006

FLIP FLOPS- To be or Not to be

Have you ever seen a pair of FLIP-FLOPS( even the electronic chips one) . Have you ever been hit by the proverbial "Kya Karein Kya na Karein" Syndrome. Its one of the worst situations to be in. As a kid we think shall I eat a chocolate or an icecream. When we are at the stage of adolescence we think shall I sit in the class with that cute girl in pink (;))or my cricket pal. When you grow further you think shall I propose that girl or wait to become a better friend and then do something. As we grow up the problems become more and more complex. Wise men say that its good to have options. Then why is it so damn difficult to excercise them. Once we become more informed why do we start seeing complexities and of the shades of grey in our surroundings.
2 AM I am all set to go to south of france on exchange with few close friends. 7 AM after the call from home the "Kya Karein Kya na Karein" Syndrome hits me. Shall I go shall I ditch. What are the Pros and Cons. Lets weigh them once more. But unfortunately this is not a Numerical problem that could be solved so easily. I need more information. I frantically call few good friends whom i considered would be experts in the field. And suddenly I Flip-Flopped. 6 hours, 3 phonecalls and you get a Flip-Flop. The problem does'nt ends there, when your decision is affecting other's decisions as well. (Un)Fortunately my two good friends are even a greater Flip-Floppers. 1 hour, few more phonecalls and bingo! everyone of us have Flip-Flopped. What would you call this- "Dynamism", naah this is what the "Kya Karein Kya na Karein" Syndrome is. And come to think of it we are the budding managers. God help this planet. But now decided we stand, no more Flip Flops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home